? What is Fitted?
Fitted is a fast-growing fashion brand that produces custom clothing. We exist to transform the fashion model in high-growth markets where custom wear is common-place and custom-tailoring is a part of the culture for its nationals. Our current market for production is Sub-Saharan Africa, and our primary customers are Africans (local and in the US / European diaspora).
In many populous economies, customers’ need for reliable, traditional apparel isn’t met sufficiently because of production issues (individual tailor capacity and ready to wear facilities can’t produce these styles in bulk). People living locally and abroad still want those clothes though! So Fitted is set up to bridge that gap and improve lives of value chain participants.
By powering production on a platform built to ease the end to end order process, we are able to help small hold workers earn up to 3x their regular earnings with us while customers are 4x more likely to get an outfit that matches their request the first time. All while giving any African / diaspora interested person absolutely stunning, hand-crafted outfits. In this role, you’ll get to manage groups of tailors to produce clothing orders from customers!
?? Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an exceptional fashion professional to help manage tailors and vet quality output with minimal requirements to make some garments or adjustments independently. Candidates should be familiar with a multitude of styles, from traditional Nigerian-style apparel to loungewear, streetwear, womenswear, etc. If you are obsessed with getting outstanding quality clothes made, love technology and have wanted to join a Startup, then we might be perfect for you.
Strong Production skills: Ability to select materials and production techniques to be used for products. Candidates must be comfortable sketching rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements
Pattern drafting: Skills with pattern drafting and cutting required. Candidates must be able to draw patterns for articles designed; then cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns, using measuring instruments and scissors.
Market Research skills: Strong pulse on trends in global and African fashion.
Fabric knowledge: Knowledge of a broad range of fabrics (in Nigeria and abroad) is a necessary skill. Candidates must also be comfortable with testing fabric so garment care labels can be created.
Great customer service: This is a customer-facing role. As a fitting specialist, you will have a consultative approach with our customers to ensure we carefully take into account what they need. Your responsibilities will be for end to end delivery of the garment customers want; you will use your technical knowledge to communicate what can be done and bring their requests to life..
Flexible work hours: Our services are open in accordance with the opening hours which means you will be required to work a mixture of early, mid, and late shifts as well as some weekends too.
Teamwork and collaboration: Our workroom consists of Quality controllers, menswear tailors, womenswear tailors, express and fitted tailors, We are supported by the operations team. We are very much team-focused. We believe that sharing success makes for a happy work environment.
Excellent written and oral communication: You will be responsible for the daily updates of where orders are in written and oral format. You will also be required to compile technical details and all size and fit information for all men’s and women’s collections and all accessories represented online.
? Duties & responsibility
- Compile and input all copies in a consistent and eloquent manner according to company standards
- Clearly communicate any order detail requests, size and fit information to tailors in a traceable fashion
- Ensure all products are accurately and appropriately vetted and measured for quality assessment before delivery to customers. Your KPIs are to deliver all orders on time and have a First-Time-Fit rate of over 90% (i.e., 9 out of 10 times your orders should fit customers the first time they try it without need for alteration)
- Understand the communication between fitted systems and its impact on other departments within the business including technology and marketing
- Analyze customer feedback and returns reports and address any issues of concern promptly
- Manage tailors and follow up to ensure they deliver on time
- Ensure that all fabrics are accurately and appropriately sourced, tested.
- Ensure that the tech and development team are currently working in hand with the creation of a new product(s)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge of all menswear and women’s wear brands within the company
- Digitally inclined and Tech-savvy
- Understanding of fashion trends, and technical fashion terms
- Good technical and fabric knowledge and terminology for both ready to wear and accessories
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently with close attention to detail while under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer /CMS literate
- Interface with customers (where needed) to understand use cases and pain point
- Facilitate design reviews where feedback is collated, documented, and disseminated internally based on data
- Assist in uncovering and understanding customer needs and translating these into requirements and features
- Understand, research, and innovate on technical trends in relevant industries. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
? Flexible Working
We have always embraced working remotely, even before the pandemic. The role is however based out of the Lagos office. You will have a reasonable amount of flexibility as to what hours you do your work, as long as your teammates can depend on you, you are on time to calls/meetings, and the work gets done.
? Salary: Negotiable & Competitive
The bonus of up to 2.0x base pay within 12 months (subject to KPI performance)
FX payment option after 6-months (subject to market availability)
Fitted® is the clothing brand of Semper Lux Limited. We look for extremely capable team members to grow with. We offer a compelling package with a promise of exceptionally rewarding hard work that stretches the bounds of what you believe could be achieved individually and as a team. We have a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for individual expression and initiative-based professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Fitted® employee shares one galvanizing mission: to push the boundaries of excellence and constantly revisit the principles of the world to forge something new.
? Our Hiring Process:
Internal initial screening based on answer quality and skills
- Phone screen
- Aptitude Test ~1.5 hours
- Meeting with CEO / Team
We usually process applications within a week.
Fitted® is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.