Fitted is a fashion tech company with multiple sides. We have a fast-growing made-to-measure fashion brand that produces custom clothing (men only), and a tech platform for facilitating custom clothing orders (groups platform and the tailor app). We exist to transform the fashion model in high-growth markets where custom wear is common-place and custom-tailoring is a part of the culture for its nationals. Our current market for production is Sub-Saharan Africa, and our primary customers are Africans (local and in the US / European diaspora). We aim to expand to 4 countries by year end.
In many populous economies, customers’ need for reliable, traditional apparel isn’t met sufficiently because of production issues (individual tailor capacity and ready to wear facilities can’t produce these styles in bulk). People living locally and abroad still want clothes and better experiences though! So Fitted is set up to bridge that gap and improve lives of value chain participants.
By powering production on a platform built to ease the end to end order process, we are able to help small hold workers earn up to 3x their regular earnings with us while customers are 4x more likely to get an outfit that matches their request the first time. All while giving any African / diaspora interested person absolutely stunning, hand-crafted outfits.
The Marketing Strategist role is responsible for high-level strategic definition of the brand, key customer segmentation and marketing approach definition for maximum creation of value in line with corporate goals. This role is also execution-focused and marketing strategists with demonstrated experience in implementing their plans will be at an advantage to other candidates versed in only strategic thinking and planning.
- Research, develop, execute and communicate strategic marketing plans to meet the company’s goals. Ability to work on strategic rebrand and brand definition. Crafting of brand positioning towards the multiple user types in the multi-sided marketplace value chain. The expectation that this stakeholder list will include investors.
- Help shape the brand positioning and narrative while targeting the proper audience. This requires understanding of the business as a multi-sided service where fashion customers (buyers of our branded clothing) and software clients (tailor app users) exist under the same brand and need to find their voice in fitted.
- Complete extensive research to identify new marketing opportunities, but also develop innovative concepts to promote brand awareness (growth hacking mindset)
- Develop and execute marketing & communications plan per the calendar on time and on budget. Executive assistance for project execution will be provided as we scale
- Analyze sales and marketing key performance indicators. Work with digital / ad marketing team to run experiments, optimize content reach and develop revised content strategies to drive performance against given KPIs
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction
- Develop engaging content for relevant stakeholders via all media – from print to social media, blogs, content marketing assets, email newsletters.
- Devise and execute marketing campaigns to drive/improve quantifiable business metrics through innovative and pace-setting initiatives and ideas. These metrics include consumer demand (sales), customer satisfaction, brand strength
- Develop the Fitted® brand through multiple channels – physical events, partnerships, sponsorships, etc.
- Facilitate marketing campaigns via digital, social media and all other relevant channels
- Partner with the Design Team, Operations Team, and Management to devise new innovative ways of delivering exceptional value to consumers in novel ways. This may extend as far ideation on ways to use packaging as an effective product promotion, or suggesting attention-catching freebies, etc.
?? Ideal Candidate
- The perfect candidate is likely to have worked in elements of the marketing value chain over 3 – 5 years spanning social media, digital marketing, offline activations, etc. Your work experience ideally would have cut across 3 verticals to date – technology (in an organization that was product-led), fashion (for any kind of brand), and eCommerce (for a marketplace/type company). This would likely give you a sense of the components of the fitted ecosystem and a sense for how to marry them into a cohesive brand and story
- Excellent experimentation mindset will be key as experimentation will be key to growing our brand, service and offering
- Self-motivated, passionate story-teller with a keen and insightful understanding of marketing, digital and offline distribution channels, and the mindset of different stakeholders from highly sophisticated fashion buyers to lowly educated independent tailors
- Ideal candidates will care deeply about the power of communication in shaping narratives, and will use their deep insights to craft enviable niches within stakeholder mindsets with the core ethos of the Company.
- They will have flair for communications, marketing and relationship management. The candidate will have had experiences using hard and soft data (metrics and numbers, perception and sentiment) to determine success of social media, SEO marketing and other campaigns.
- They would be familiar with creating and presenting reports showcasing performance of metrics against targets for digital marketing campaigns spanning social media, search engine, etc.
- Prior experience should have tasked them with brainstorming ideas to address key metrics in existing campaigns, or devising new innovative ways to connect with an audience for new ones. An eye for design is essential to success in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related discipline
- 3 – 6 years directly relevant work experience (Digital marketing, SEO optimization, Content creation, Social Media Management / Brand Marketing)
- Experiment-validation experience a strong plus (UI/UX design experience welcome).
- SEO marketing experience required
- Social media account ownership management + marketing experience required
- Analysis, measurement, and reporting on marketing campaign performance in line with corporate metrics identified as integral to success
- Leadership in ideating and devising innovative strategies to develop the brand and maximize corporate goals
- Identification of major new trends and technologies in the digital marketing industry
- Strong brand awareness & tapped into modern global culture
- Strategic and business acumen
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Bonus on orders of up to 2.0x base pay within 12 months
- FX payment options available after 6-months
- Time to renew. You should take at least 2 weeks off each year
- Customized awards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Healthcare coverage (Nigeria only)
Fitted® is the brand of Semper Lux Limited. We look for extremely capable team members to grow with. We offer a compelling package with a promise of exceptionally rewarding hard work that stretches the bounds of what you believed could be achieved individually and as a team. We have a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for individual expression and initiative-based professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Fitted® employee shares one galvanizing mission: to push the boundaries of excellence and constantly revisit the principles of the world to forge something new.
Fitted® is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We can’t wait to connect with you!
The Fitted® team