When we set out to fix the custom tailoring value chain, we did so with event fashion at the heart of the challenge we needed to address.
The stress individuals faced in getting an outfit made on time and with good quality was one of the major reasons customers patronized us. Given our customers are typically young aspirational males, it’s commonplace for them to have weddings for friends and family, funerals for those who’ve passed on, or milestone celebrations where coordinated fashion shows social ties.
The better we got at solving our individual customer’s problems, the more they began to ask more of us. It was just a matter of time until those weddings were our customers’ weddings, and they started to ask – if Fitted can solve my fashion issues so seamlessly, do you think you guys could actually help me just coordinate my entire event?
What did we do?
We did some research to see just how many of our customers would like to see us do this. The results were staggeringly supportive of this problem. Every customer seemed to have the same complaints – either as an event attendee, or the event organizer. And it was for any event, be it wedding, parties, church programs (like ushers), movie filming, you name it. Everyone sounded the same, here’s some of what they listed
- They said it was a pain to coordinate tens, hundreds, sometimes thousands of different people across different cities or even countries to get matching outfits made
- One of the biggest annoyances turned out to be measurements – having to coordinate multiple inconsistent measurements and sending those to tailors
- Coordination of style & management of fabric was also an issue – especially when people were using multiple tailors. How do you track what everyone is getting made and that its to the same quality?
- Another problem was order status tracking – sometimes attendees of the same event might want to use different tailors to handle their outfits. This sounds like a tall order for anyone, especially while juggling the rest of our lives. We thought we were best solved to help our customers.
Our action plan
We then set out to build a platform to let you organize tailoring for any number of people for an event of your choice. And we went even further to ensure we also solved the challenge on your tailor’s side. Now introducing groups and tailors.
On our Groups platform, you can finally have one place to track and coordinate everybody’s orders for fashion for an event – whether 2 people or 2,000. We’ve started off with measurements only product for now (please click the WhatsApp icon at the bottom right corner on this page if you’d like us to fulfill orders for your events), but are building out the full order capability to work with any tailor. Like what we’re building?
Now, with our groups.fitted.ng platform, we’ve processed hundreds of orders for customers within just 2 weeks of launching – without any marketing! We’re finding people are using the features to solve real problems. Here’s some of the things you can do with Groups, and what’s coming soon!
- Manage and coordinate body measurements for yourself either by manually inputting these measurements if you know your body measurements or using our ‘Auto Size Engine’ feature which accurately predicts your body measurements when you input some body stats like height and weight. It runs a check on over 15,000 bodies with similar height, weight, and other characteristics to you – we found its hugely accurate!
- Manage and coordinate body measurements for groups of people by creating a group and inviting people to join your group. Each one of them can either input their body measurements manually or they make use of our ‘Auto Size Engine’ feature which accurately predicts their body measurements when they input their body stats like height and weight.
- Create any event or multiple events of your choice for birthdays, weddings, corporate events, funerals etc.
- Save body measurements on your page and access them anytime and anywhere you are without stress.
- Send body measurements to any tailor, anywhere they are around the world for them to sew your outfits or send to vetted tailors on our platform to get custom made, exquisite outfits. And its all in the app
- Upload and send body pictures while sending your body measurements to tailors to enable them to confirm your body measurements visually.
- Update body measurements by either making edits to already taken body measurements or taking new body measurements if your body size has changed with time.
- Manage and coordinate outfit orders for yourself or your group for upcoming events by placing outfit orders directly from your page.
We didn’t stop at just giving outfit buyer customers this functionality. We pushe it further and created Nigeria’s first, customized order management platform to tailors for FREE. We created a parallel side of the platform for tailors to be able to receive all your event outfits in one place. We went as far as giving the app offline capability, just to match tailors at whatever their habits are with respect to the internet. And the uptake has been overwhelmingly positive!
On our Tailors platform, tailors can finally have a trackable, online and offline method of receiving measurements that can’t get lost or misinterpreted:
- Get body measurements from customers anytime, any day and anywhere they are around the world
- Access customers body measurements online or offline anytime, anywhere and any day.
- Download and save customers body measurements online or offline anytime, anywhere and any day.
- Favorite customers body measurements for easier access to the measurements.
- Request edit permission from customers who sent their body measurements to you in case there are any changes to be made.
- View uploaded images of customers’ bodies who sent you their body measurements to visually confirm and verify their body sizes.
- Get customer support if you’ve got any questions or challenges for better clarity.
While we are rolling out these products, there are some features which we are still in the Beta testing mode and would be released and updated for each product for better customer experience. These features include:
- Creating orders: You can’t create orders for yourself or your group via our group platform right now. If you’d like us to fulfill your group order, simply hit us up on any of our channels, preferably whatsapp! Note that you can place individual orders from our vetted tailors via our store www.store.fitted.ng.
- Order status tracking: Because you can’t order directly from your own tailors yet, you also can’t track your outfit orders online via a dashboard. If you order from our vetted tailors on store.fitted.ng you can get this service though! We send you email order status updates every step of the way, though you can’t track this from a dashboard just yet. You can also give feedback to us easily once your order is delivered.
Encourage us by giving us a like and a shoutout on any of our socials!